Sunday, October 4, 2015

10 Months Old


Lewis is now 10 months old. He has now been in our family longer than he was in my belly, yay! These last 10 months have been so fun with this crazy boy. 



He weighs 18 pounds coming in at the 19th percentile. 

He is crawling fast all over the place and even standing up by himself in the middle of the room. We are waiting anxiously for him to start walking any day now. 

Lewis has always been a happy boy and we love that. He smiles at strangers and will wave when someone says hi. It has been fun to be out in New Jersey where babies are more rare, everyone stops and talks to him in the stores. 

He laughs hardest when we tickle him under his neck or on his back. Also when he gets thrown up into the air. 

Lewis loves climbing over anything in his path. He will even put things in his way so he has to crawl over them. His toys are in a basket (they at least start that way each morning) and after emptying the basket he tips it over and crawls over it to get to other toys. Funny boy!



Lewis is pretty good eater, it's so fun to introduce him to new foods. Right now his favorite foods are applesauce, squash, cheese, mushrooms and broccoli (I'm making sure to write these down so I can show him later that he loves them)

He has figured out how to open cupboard doors and loves emptying everything out of them quickly before I can grab him. The bathroom cupboard under the sink is his favorite. 



Lewis babbles all day long and can say da-da and ma-ma. I'm not fully convinced he knows what they mean though. He has also started saying ba-ba when I give him his bottle. 

He is very curious. He will pick things up off the ground and hold it in one hand while he uses his other hand to check out what it is. I love watching him in this discovery age.

He has 8 teeth now and loves brushing his teeth. He just laughs whenever I brush them and then wants to chew on the toothbrush. 

Lewis loves dancing! Anytime there is music (even in church) he starts moving his body. We have dance parties at the house almost daily!  

He shakes his head no all the time. He thinks it's funny to shake his head no at me when he knows he isn't supposed to touch something, like cords. He crawls toward the cords, looks at me and shakes his head and then continues to play with them. 




He has started holding onto my hand when I lay him down in his crib and it melts my heart each time. Although this makes it a little harder to sneak away, I love that he wants to hold on to me just a little bit longer. He is taking two naps everyday that range from 45-90 minutes each. He will even wake up and play in his crib for a little bit before whining for us to come get him. He is still sleeping through the night like a champ from 7:00pm until 6:30-7:00am (unless we take him to a new place or change his schedule drastically). 

He has learned how to clap when we tell him good job or say yay. He also folds his arms when we tell him it's time for prayer (although they don't stay folded for that long, one step at a time).
Lewis is starting to look more like a toddler and less like a baby each day, it is fun to guess what he will look like as he grows up. 


By the way-I took this picture and I'm super proud of it. McKay has been patient to teach me 


2 comments:

  1. Awesome pics, Mad!! And his outfit is adorable! I especially love the little shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... my heart is completely melted. His sweater and shoes... he's adorable!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete