Sunday, October 4, 2015

Cream Puffs and Gifts for the Baby!


I got to throw my best friend/cousin a baby shower when I came back to Utah for a visit. It was so fun to spoil Hannah and her little baby girl that will be coming soon. I am so sad that I will be gone when she has her baby, but I have loved helping her get things ready for her arrival. 

This was the first shower that I have ever organized and thrown for someone and I couldn't have done it without Campbell (my outstanding assistant), My Mom, Hadley, cousin Sarah and Aunt Jennifer's help. 




When I first offered to throw the shower I started looking on Pinterest for some decorating/food/game ideas. I found that I actually love planning parties! All the little details are fun and I weirdly enjoy the stress that comes the day before trying to make sure things are ready. My little sister/assistant Campbell and I even went to Walmart at 1:00am to get some last minute things, now I don't really enjoy missing my sleep, but we had to do what was necessary. 




My friend had some decorations that she so graciously let me borrow for the shower. I loved how simple they were but how they brought some pink in to the house. I had so much fun shopping for some coordinating girl clothes to hang on this twine with clothes pins. Hannah loves tutus so I had to find one for her baby girl. 



The two games we played were pretty simple but I liked them because they were different from ones I had been to. The first was a simple guessing game. I took the letters BABY GIRL and bought a baby item coordinating to that letter. Then I put each one in a gift bag and wrote the letter on the outside. I passed out papers to the guests and had them guess what was inside. Then we revealed each one and gave the goodies to Hannah. Some were kind of hard to come up with, but I was impressed with how many people got so many correct. The items I bought are as follows:

B-binky
A-applesauce
B-book
Y-yogurt bites
G-gas drops or gripe water
I-infant tylenol
R-rattle
L-lotion





The other game was pretty fun, everyone really seemed to enjoy it. I contacted the mom's of Hannah and Stephen to get some stories about them growing up. I put all the stories onto one page and had everyone guess if it was a story about Hannah or Stephen. There was one Hannah didn't even know haha. It was fun to learn more about them growing up. Lets hope their little girl doesn't have as many injuries as the two of them!



My mom helped me shop and prepare the food. We had two different kinds of quiche and then served prepared yogurt parfaits. For dessert I used an idea I found on another blog where she bought a Costco box of cream puffs and served them with a couple dipping sauces. People loved it! We had a chocolate ganache, caramel sauce and a raspberry pie filling. It wasn't hard to get rid of all the cream puffs. 






We had a great turn out to the party, which I'm so grateful for! Hannah was able to get some great things to help them start out on their new journey as parents. Love you Han!




2 comments:

  1. Love this post, Mad!! I seriously can't thank you enough for throwing me (and BabyGirl :)) such an amazing shower! i LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Hannah's comment! :) It was a lot of fun. Thanks for throwing the shower!!!

    ReplyDelete