Thursday, October 29, 2015

Fall in the Garden State


I can honestly say that I have never seen or appreciated a fall like this one. It is so gorgeous around here! 



Everyday I purposely take the scenic route to run my errands so I get to explore more of the little towns surrounded by huge trees of color. After church on Sunday I had to take McKay back to one of the streets I drove down. The trees were so tall and full of color. It probably helps that I have had more time this year to enjoy the color  around me. I hope that I never take another fall for granted even if I have a busier life. Taking time to stop and enjoy this beautiful earth that God created for us can be just what we need when we are stressed and feeling like life is just so rough. Sometimes staying home with a busy baby can be exhausting and I feel like I don't get much done. When I start feeling impatient or like I haven't accomplished much that day I put Lewis in his stroller and we head outside. It works every time! 

We have a favorite walk we go on often with Lewis through our little town. He loves being outside and it gives us all a little fresh air and change of scenery. We walk to this foot bridge that goes over a flowing river. Lewis loves looking through the side to the water where there are usually some ducks to watch. 


There are trees lining both sides of the river and when we went this last time we noticed that you can walk under part of the bridge over to a grassy picnic area. There were colorful leaves laying all around so we took the opportunity to take some pictures of Lewis. Like every mom I have been wanting to take some cute fall pictures of him sitting in the leaves but he hasn't been too cooperative when we tried before. Luckily this time we got some cute ones! (I hope we make efforts to take as many pictures with our other children, but from what I hear it isn't likely to happen. But I have faith that I can make that effort if not our poor future children will think Lewis is the favorite (right now he is).






No comments:

Post a Comment