Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Thankful for Family


We were lucky enough to have my family come visit for the week of thanksgiving. It was so fun to have them here and show them around the place we have called home these last four months. 

The first day I took them around our small local town and showed them the adorable library where Lewis and I hang out all the time. We got lunch at this delicious Italian deli that I'm totally going to miss. Then I took them to the infamous grocery store out here called Wegmans so they could see what I had been talking about! It is seriously awesome and huge. 

We also visited Cape May, spent two days in New York City, and then did a quick visit to Princeton and Philadelphia while they were here. 









Since I was still feeling a little bit sick it was so nice to have people around to entertain and love Lewis, the poor kid was sick of my lack of attention I'm sure. 



Thanksgiving Day was so wonderful! We stayed at a hotel in the city on Wednesday so that us girls could get up bright and early to watch the Macy's Day Parade. We got great seats thanks to our friend who lives in the city and it was so fun! I loved seeing all the different balloons and the hundreds of people participating that were so happy. There were lots of high-fives given and confetti thrown. We also were amazed at how many famous artists were in the parade, we had fun shouting out there names as they went by so they would wave in our direction. I'm so glad we braved the crowds to have this experience! 




Our thanksgiving meal was non-traditional but so good at Max Brenner's. The amount of chocolate goodness in that place will always amaze me! We ended our evening with the Broadway play of Finding Neverland which was fantastic. We loved the story, the music, the actors....it was seriously amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better day. 

Lewis enjoying some beats at the Apple store



Friday was Lewis' birthday and we got some yummy cheesecake for his dessert. Neither McKay or nor I really enjoy cake so we decided to change things up. Lewis loved being able to eat his slice of cheesecake all alone and get as messy as he liked. He cried when we took it away haha. 






Overall this thanksgiving just brought me feelings of gratitude for the wonderful families which we have. We get so much love and support from our parents and siblings. It's great to know that wherever we end up, there will be a huge network of people that will care about us and wish for our well being. 


No comments:

Post a Comment