Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Repetition, Repetition, Repetition


My work schedule has calmed down and gotten more regular so now I work just two days a week. This has been so nice to be home with Lewis more and still get to work doing what I love. Plus for me I think getting out of the house and having more adult interaction helps me be a nicer, more patient mom. It's been a great compromise for our family.

When I'm home with Lewis I have been trying to play with him more and enjoy our one on one time. While we play I remember that kids learn from repetition. And holy cow it is a lot of repetition! He has his preferences of books to read, shows to watch and songs to sing. He could read the same book over and over for 30 minutes. I tend to get bored and try to sway him to do something else but then I have to remember it doesn't really matter. If he likes the book, reading it over is still teaching him something. 

Some of his favorite things to repeat are singing monkeys jumping on the bed, or the alligator who snatches the monkey from the tree. He is obsessed with books about animals, especially the one that makes noises. Another game we play often is hiding a toy and then asking where did it go? He puts up his hands like he is saying "I don't know," I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment