Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Cheap Entertainment


Yesterday I was laughing at the activities that Lewis and I end up doing during the day to help pass the time. I decided that I should make a list of all the things we do that I would call "cheap entertainment." 





Follow the Roomba automatic vacuum cleaner around the house. It is especially fun when it goes under our bed and we can sit on the bed and see which side it will come out on. Lewis has a love/hate relationship with the Roomba vacuum. He thinks it super cool to follow around but if it starts coming towards him and he can't get away fast enough he kind of freaks out. We may have to buy one when we get back to Utah :) 

Watch cars drive by out the window. We live on the second floor so we can see everything happening on the street below us. Lewis loves cars right now and will sit up on a stool at that window for a long time pointing out every car that comes by. 

Go on walks. This is an easy but so satisfying way to spend some time during our day. Not only does it get us out of the house for a little bit, but we get fresh air and we get to explore the area better. I could honestly go on walks and check out these houses for hours. Plus I'm pregnant and going on walks is good to get my body moving.

Take a bath. Lewis loves water and getting to play in the bath. He has probably never been cleaner with all the baths he takes. He can sit there playing with the water and a few bath toys for an hour. 

Go for a drive. Sometimes when we are sick of sitting inside the house we will get in the car and go for a drive. I love being able to explore the area more this way and Lewis is good in the car. He has some toys he plays with, likes to sing along to music on the radio and will usually fall asleep for a good nap. 

Have a dance party. Turning on music and dancing around the house is a regular here. Lewis loves grooving to music and it makes me so happy to watch him. He gets this very serious look on his face while he shakes his body around, its great! Its another good way to get my pregnant body moving, I always prefer dancing to any other kind of exercise. 

Of course we also play with his toys, read books and watch some shows on TV. But it's more fun to document these unique activities that require no preparation. It always amazes me how much fun kids can have with random items found around the house (Tupperware containers, the broom, hangers), a true testament that we could simplify and not collect so many things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment