Thursday, September 3, 2015

My Lessons on Mothering


Being in New Jersey has been fun but during the day, when it's just Lewis and I at home for 9 hours I have gotten kind of lonely and bored. We specifically planned our arrival on a Saturday so we could be here and go to church the first Sunday out here. I was hoping to meet a couple other moms so that I would have someone to answer my questions and hopefully become friends with while I'm out here. Unfortunately my plan didn't meet because it wasn't a normal church schedule this last week. 

One night we went on a walk in our small town to the local library. It is a cute old house that has been made into a library, I love stuff like that! There were two super nice mom's who worked there and we're talking to us about what things we should see while we are here. The older one said something to me that I will never forget, she told me that I need to enjoy every little moment I have with Lewis right now. She said it didn't matter how clean the house was or how fancy of a dinner was made each night. Instead she urged me put away my phone and other distractions and just spend time with my baby. I don't really know why she told me that but I know that is exactly what I needed to hear. She wasn't being bossy, she just wanted to pass on a lesson she had to learn the hard way from when her kids were young. 



I have taken her advice and have been trying to give all my time to Lewis lately. It honestly has helped a lot! I still get impatient and frustrated with him, but it helps keep everything in the right perspective for me. It has helped me not focus on myself as much and the fact that I don't know anyone out here. Also it has made my time while he is napping so much more productive. I love the simple lessons we learn in life from talking to other people. 

1 comment:

  1. This was a great post, Mad! Thanks for passing along the advice :)

    ReplyDelete