Thursday, September 3, 2015

Start of Our New Jersey Adventure!


33 hours of driving over the course of three days. You may say I'm crazy but I LOVED it. It was so fun to have some good, solid time with just McKay and Lewis. We made goals for what we want to accomplish out in New Jersey, sang lots of songs, danced to some of our favorite music and laughed a lot. Lewis did great, he slept a lot and then only would whine a little until one of us climbed back there to keep him company. My mom raised me to love road-trips and I want to do the same for my kids. We made a couple random stops to stretch our legs and take pictures. I've been obsessed with taking pictures lately. When I look back through the albums from when I was little, I especially love the random ones from road trips.








We drove 13.5 hours to Council Bluffs Iowa the first night and stayed in a hotel. Then we just had 9 hours to Indianapolis where we got to spend the evening catching up and playing games with Ryan, Tiffany, Paige and Cohen. It was a blast! I'm glad we could make that a stop and see their cute house. Those kids are hilarious and they loved sharing their toys with Lewis. We are so grateful for Ryan and Tiffany making us food and giving us a nice bed to sleep in! The third day was just 10 hours up to our place in New Jersey. 



Our apartment was built in 1907! It's awesome. I have always wanted to live in a red brick home. The doors are beautiful and the stairs are the dark wood that squeaks when you walk on them. I've found a lot of bugs here and I'm trying not to freak out about them, but other than that everything is great. We are living in a cute small town where people are very friendly. I'm excited to do more exploring!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment