Friday, November 20, 2015

Being sick is the pits!


I always forget how rotten it is to be sick until I'm sick again. The last four days I've been sick with a cold which means I'm exhausted, achy and super irritable. I really have been trying not to be a baby, but sometimes you just want to sit down and cry when you feel crappy inside. 

I'm usually someone who likes to have fun and find at least one good thing in a day to smile about. But unfortunately that has been a little more difficult this week. Lewis has been a champ, he has had to deal with a grumpy mom who just wants to lay on the couch. I even yelled at him for whining because he wanted out of his high chair. How pathetic is that? Poor kid. Luckily he won't remember this moment in his life later on. 

After being cooped up inside the house all day Tuesday, I decided that Wednesday we should go for a walk. We packed a little snack and had a picnic together. It was so great to be outside and get some fresh air! 


Thursday we repeated our walk but also incorporated a dance party because that always make me feel better. Lewis danced along with me and laughed. 

Today is Friday and we were so sick of the house that went on a long car ride and then parked in a parking lot to watch all the school busses drive by. 



I'm feeling a lot better today but I still have this lingering cough. Poor Lewis started coughing last night too and I hope he doesn't this full blown cold. My family is coming into town on Sunday so I hope this whole sickness is gone by then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment